Tuesday, March 29th, 2022 by Coby Porter
April showers means it's time to get your head in your gutter system! Here are some fun facts about your gutters that you might have not known!
1) The #1 cause of basement flooding is rainwater running off your roof.
2) 2 Inches of rain in a day can send over 1,000 gallons of water off your roof and can fall on the first foot of soil around the foundation.
3) Having no gutter system is just as bad as having gutters filled with debris.
4) The bigger the temperature change, the more gutters expand and contract.
5) Most gutter companies install systems with .027 gauge aluminum, we install a .032 gauge aluminum system
6) Most homeowners think that only 1 or 2 downspouts are necessary. We recommend 2 every 35 feet to ensure proper waterflow.
7) Gutter’s can be protected in two ways:
a. Rain drop- This is a screen that can be installed over our 5” or 6” gutter system. They ensure that some debris will stay out of your gutter
b. Gutter Shutter- This is a hooded option we offer that comes with a no clog lifetime warranty. These ensure all unwanted debris stays out of your gutters.
our service area